Valuation and Litigation Case Studies
O’Dell Valuation Consulting, LLC has worked with companies to achieve the following:
- Valuation of various companies in divorce actions and providing expert testimony.
- Company valuations for estate and gift tax purposes.
- Valuation of a construction company for a shareholder dispute.
- Forensic work and expert testimony in an embezzlement case involving a family farm.
- Assisting a manufacturing company to derive a calculation for the value of the business to be used in a buy/sell agreement. Also working with the company’s insurance agent to determine the proper amount of life insurance to fund the buy/sell agreement.
- Valuing a service company and structuring a formula for a younger minority shareholder to buy a more stock from the majority shareholder.
- Valuing a service company so that a son and key employee could buy in over time. Working with the owner to prepare projections to make sure that the company could afford the proposed plan.
- Working with the majority shareholder in a family wholesale distribution business to turn more ownership over to a son and son in law, providing the father with an income stream during retirement.
- Valuation of a start up company for granting of stock options for key employees.
- Early intervention services for insurance carriers in accountants’ malpractice cases
- Assisting a lawyer to value his sole practice and make a practice continuation arrangement with a larger law firm.
- Working with a construction company in structuring a new buy/sell agreement.
- Assisting a manufacturing company with a bonus plan for key employees.
- Valuing a manufacturing company for estate tax purposes and assisting the surviving spouse in the sale of the business.